Friday, October 04, 2002

up on the 101


Yesterday marked the third time in a week that I have heard a sorta fairytale played on commercial radio. Well, ok, so Baldwin-Wallace College's radio station WBWC The Sting isn't exactly commercial, but it's close enough. Anyway, this is the most I have heard Tori Amos played in regular rotation anywhere in Cleveland since 1998 when from the choirgirl hotel was released. (What does Cleveland have against Tori?!?) While I was listening yesterday on my way to the post office, I almost got in an accident because Tori came on and I got so excited that I swerved into the post office parking lot, narrowly missing an unsuspecting pedestrian.


Sue and I have started making plans to go to Columbus in November to see Tori in concert during the Scarlet's Walk Tour. Again! I love going to concerts with Sue. She gets just as excited as I do. We've been to several Tori shows and Ani DiFranco together. She respects the fact that I become totally mesmerized by these females, which causes me sometimes to forget where I am and what I am doing. Last year at the StrangeLittleTour I forgot that we weren't allowed to bring in cameras to the theatre, so she encouraged me to shove that sucker right down the front of my jeans. I did, we got in with no hassle, and now we have great pictures to help us remember what a good time we had.

No comments: