Friday, October 11, 2002

carnival time is here ~ magical time, i’m near
and as the time draws near ~ dreams fill my heart


I seem to most often dream in spurts. I'll go for several weeks without remembering a single dream, and then suddenly I'll remember everything for a week straight. Last night I had the most bizarre dream yet. I dreamed I had a daughter- a toddler with curly blonde hair. She was beautiful, except for the fact that she was missing one of her hands.

According to this dream interpretation, my dream may have had wish-fulfillment content, as I am in my prime child bearing years. The disfigurement aspect of it might have signified my dissatisfaction with something...perhaps not having children yet? Kevin and I have had lengthy discusions on child rearing lately. We've even gone as far as choosing names.

On the other hand, last night at choir practice we were discussing pregnancies, etc. There's a member of my choir who is due in January. It's fascinating to listen to her describe her feelings, her physical reactions to the pregnancy. All that stuff. I realized last night that, being the youngest female at practice, I was also the only one without children. All in good time, though. :o)

No comments: