Tuesday, October 29, 2002

just an empty cage, girl


Here's the weekend update from last weekend:
Friday...Kev and I spent our Friday evening cleaning the basement after Dave got everything out. We moppoed, we scrubbed, we ripped up more carpeting which we threw out. The basement bathroom was a sight to behold...it's still not clean yet. *shudders* I don't know how anyone could live like that. On top of all the cleaning, our washing machine decided to stop working on us, right in the middle of a load of towels. Luckily, my in-laws happened to be in the neighborhood so they stopped by to take a look. My father-in-law designs and installs heating and A/C systems for a living, so he's pretty handy to have around. He was able to fix the machine temporarily till he can get a part for it. In the mean time, I have to be extra careful not to reach into the washer during the spin cycle, or I could potentially lose my arm.

Saturday...Finally talked to my sister today. I had been waiting for her to call since Kevin and I had gotten married. We had a nice chat, which was long overdue. Saturday night we went to Northfield Lanes where we met some of Kevin's friends from work. I do not volumtarily set foot in bowling alleys without good reason. And Kevin buying all the beer for me seemed like reason enough. We had a good time- it's been a while since the two of us went out without our usual circle of friends.

Sunday...Spent all day working in the yard today. Cut back my rose bushes, ripped out my out-of-control tomato plant which I nick-named Seymour. The resemblance to Little Shop of Horrors was too obvious. Kevin and Frank went and got rocks to landscape our front yard. When they finally came back with about, oh, 4 tons of them, I went in the house. Kevin spent all afternoon and most of the evening landscaping the front yard around the flower beds. Finally I had to drag him inside, as it was too dark to do anything else.

No comments: