Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Baker, baker, baking a cake; make me a day...


I marvel at the number of connections I've made through networking out here since I moved to the Cleveland area permanently in 1999. For instance, all the professionals who will be assisting in various activities come wedding day are people I know personally. The photographer I booked sings in my choir, and I give her daughter piano lessons. I work with a baker and a travel agent, not to mention a whole host of musicians.

My Travel Agent co-worker will help us book our Honeymoon to Aruba, probably in January 2004. We won't have time to go right after the wedding, nor will we want to, I suppose. Most likely we will spend the rest of the summer after the wedding doing things around the house, i.e. landscaping around where the pool used to be. I miss that pool.

Tonight, Kevin and I have plans to go check out a bakery upon my co-worker Baker's recommendation. I just hope the wedding cake baker is willing to give me exactly what I want. I'm envisioning tiny terra-cotta pots on a wedding cake to go along with the Garden Theme. We are still undecided on the flavor. I vote for cheesecake. Kevin votes for chocolate. Hmmm. Maybe we can have wedding pie instead.

No comments: