Wednesday, October 23, 2002

poppa, i know there's a frog on my toe
maybe i'll call him jethro


Yesterday evening I met Kevin's maternal grandfather for the very first time. He and Kevin's grandmother were divorced a few years back, and the family sort of shut him out.

We stopped by his house after having dinner at the Outback Steakhouse and subsequently chasing after a stray cat on the way. (I spotted the kitty darting across the road and pleaded with Kev to pull over so I could rescue her. Guess she didn't want to be rescued, because I have never seen a cat book it that fast away from me.) Anyway, on a whim and since we were in the neighborhood, Kevin said he wanted to stop by his grandfather's. It was interesting but a little awkward as Kevin introduced me as his wife, meanwhile his grandfather was still getting over the initial shock that we were standing in his living room. After the visit, on the way back out to the car Kevin thanked me incessantly for agreeing to the visit. I didn't think I needed to be thanked for that...I would never try to keep family apart. I have such a wonderful husband! :o)

No comments: