Thursday, October 24, 2002

"emma" was a cornflake girl


Our usual routine after work is this: we come home, have a couple beers, smoke a few cigarettes (Kevin, mostly), and talk till it's time for dinner. Yesterday, we were ambushed by our roommate Dave (rented the basement from us shortly after we moved in) while in the garage having our usual after work pow-wow. Out of nowhere he came in and exclaimed he was moving out because he felt ignored by us and that he just didn't feel like he was part of our world. *shakes head* He also accused me of snooping in his bathroom 2 nights ago. I was extremely offended by this...me of all people. I was in his bathroom the other night, but only to turn on the light so I could see to turn on the clothes drier without turning on the big overhead light which would surely wake him up. I couldn't believe the things he was saying to us. Did he think when he moved in that it was going to be like Animal House- a frat party 24 hours a day? Or did he think it was going to be like a happy little family, the 3 of us living there? Get real. We work, we come home, we eat, we talk, we go to bed. It's slightly more exciting than that on the weekends. I'm glad he's gone now. We have the house to ourselves, but I wonder if I shouldn't get the locks changed. I don't trust Dave any farther than I could throw him.

Last night Kev and I made a quick trip out to DrugMart to pick up a few things. I brought along my copy of the Cornflake Girl single. Pulling into the DrugMart parking lot, Kevin was singing "Emma was a cornflake girl...." at the top of his lungs, not stopping when we walked into the store. This continued through the Wendy's drive-thru on the way home, at every red light out the car window, and in our back yard when we finally got home. He refused to listen to me when I pointed out that the lyrics are "EVER was a cornflake girl". I can't complain, though...my husband likes Tori and knows all the words (except one) to Cornflake Girl.

No comments: