Monday, December 09, 2002

When do I sleep?


The Christmas party Friday night was actually fun. I had a really good time with Kevin's co-workers. Except for the one who couldn't hold his booze. We car-pooled with a 300-pound megalomaniac who projectile-vomitted out the back of the Jeep for a straight 25 minutes on our way home from the party. Bleah. Too drunk to drive home, he spent the night in our guest room. Ew, ew, ew, EW!

Saturday, my car died. Despite being married to an ASE certified mechanic, I am horrible with car maintenance. I was on my way to rehearsal Saturday morning when at the intersection of Ridge and Pleasant Valley, my car refused to accelerate. I coasted into the Citgo on the corner and luckily had the cell phone with me. Since Kevin was at work, I called Lou who came to get me and took me to the autobody shop. I cannot say enough good things about friends who are mechanics, especially those who only charge me wholesale cost for parts and nothing for labor. I only needed new plugs and wires and a general tune up, but because I drive a Mercury "Mistake", parts are wicked expensive. My repairs cost less than half of what they would have, had I gone to some ordinary joe-schmoe garage. I love my friends.

I spent 6 hours at the mall yesterday, shopping with my in-laws, Kevin's brother and his girlfriend. It was enough to make me nuts. That's all I have to say about that.

No comments: