Monday, December 16, 2002

lay me down in sheets of linen, you had a busy day today


Most of my weekend was spent at church, rehearsing the kids for their pageant, which was last night. I have to say, that despite all my complaining and bitching and moaning, I really love what I do. Especially working with kids. Hearing all the laughter last night was totally worth it. Seeing their faces when Santa made a surprise appearance really got everyone in the Christmas spirit. They performed fantastically - they really hammed it up on stage. Everyone has been so stressed out over Christmas, that I think a good laugh was really needed by all. I'm so proud of those kids.

Saturday was a real blessing for me - I was waited on hand and foot. Friday night I had been at church till 10pm setting up for the pageant, making sure our lighting and sound systems were working, etc. I had to be back at 9am for the dress rehearsal on Saturday. By the time I got home that afternoon I was wiped out. I took a nap and when I woke up, Kevin and Gerry had not only made dinner, done the dishes and laundry, but Gerry had also made cupcakes for me to take to the Potluck yesterday. I am truly a lucky gal.

Kevin and I finished all our shopping yesterday afternoon between rehearsals. We still haven't gotten a tree yet, but that's hopefully going to happen tomorrow night. This week is going to be crazy - tree shopping, Isabel going to the vet, possibly some wedding-ring-picking-out...we'll see! :o) That's what I want for Christmas!

No comments: