Friday, June 20, 2003

Surprise!


Last night was my annual End-of-the-Year Choir picnic. Or so I thought! I arrived with my yummy Spinach Salad dish-to-pass (for which I'll post the recipe since everyone was hounding me last night), and as I was walking up to Darlene's front door, several others were arriving with gifts. I was confused, but pretty soon it was clear they were having a shower for Kevin and me. I was totally oblivious. I thought it was someone's birthday and I had forgotten to bring a gift.

Now, Kevin was at home sleeping. I called him at about 8pm and convinced him to come over to the party. Everyone joked that Kevin is a myth, since only 2 out of about 20 people had met him. When he showed up, we cut the cake...a gorgeous Angel Food Cake with strawberry filling, decorated with real daisies and white chocolate. Mmmmm. It was so good. Then came the presents, but Kevin had to leave to go home and get ready for work. At least he made an appearance. I was so touched by everything. It's nice to have that second family around, since mine is all the way in New York. What a blessing.

No comments: