Friday, June 06, 2003

I let the cat out of the bag


Last night at our last choir practice before the summer begins, I slipped up and told the Big Secret. While pretty much everyone knows Kevin and I are already married, there were a few people who didn't - mostly my side of the family, because my Mother didn't want them to know, and my co-workers at church including my choir. So, last night we were discussing our successful year, how we've grown and improved as an ensemble, etc. We started talking about rehearsing for the wedding, at which they will perform, and suddenly I said "I have to let you in on a little secret - I'm already married." I really shocked them! There were squeals of delight, and there were rolled eyes, and there were looks of disapproval, but all in all they were pretty surprised. Then I told them not to broadcast it all over the church. Yeah, right. No one gossips more than church-goers. It's going to be a long month.

No comments: