Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Come on Sugar, bring it on, bring it on; we used to be friends...


Last night I had meant to get out some old letters and re-read some things. I do that every once in a while, to remind me of things that happened in the past, because usually I block them out. I guess I've been in a nostalgic mood as of late. So last night I thought, I'll get in to bed early and read. I read my journals from 10, 11, 12 years ago, but I couldn't bring myself to look at letters from various people. Maybe I just wasn't ready for that yet. But I like to do this sort of thing every once in a while, to remind myself of mistakes I've made, and to help me not repeat them.

Things in my life have changed so much in the last several years. There have been times when I've felt everything was completely out of control and spiraling toward disaster. Most of all, though, I think the things that have changed the most are my relationships. I've made friends and lost them. I've gotten friends back who I thought were long gone. And it continues even today, these changing relationships.

No comments: