Monday, September 22, 2003

I have to come to work to recover from the weekend


Friday night was wedding rehearsal night, after which I was exhausted. It was a long week.

Saturday, the wedding I played for was a piece of cake, if rather boring. All the Brides like the same music, wedding after wedding, regardless of how tedious it is for us church musicians to play the same thing (Canon in D) over and over again. I'm sick of it, really. I played extremely well, except for a little problem I had with the Principal stop on the Great sticking, which was easily remedied by a registration change. (Our organ is the most archaic piece of CRAP imaginable.)

Saturday night we went to Lou's 25t birthday party. Good food, but obnoxious Romanian relatives, who were all dressed to the nines for an outdoor picnic...ties, 3" stilettos, tons of make up and perfume. Ick. One lady was even wearing a green leather business suit.

Sunday after church Kevin and I spent most of the afternoon with Harley at the Akron Emergency Vet Hospital. Turns out she has a urinary tract infection that probably could have waited till today for her to see our family vet, but I was a little concerned (ok, PANICKED) because of the urination of blood happening with her.

Needless to say I got nothing accomplished over the weekend around the house or the yard. This week is just as busy as last week with Kevin's doctor's appointments, more Vet appointments, and Beth's visit possible on Friday for this weekend. Sheesh!

No comments: