Wednesday, September 10, 2003

good days


I went to the third NAMI sponsored Family to Family class last night. The facilitators had some time set aside for everyone to tell their "stories" - why they were there, attending the class. I went toward the end, but when it was my turn, I felt relieved, in a way. Out of the 25 or so people attending the class, I'm probably one of the luckiest ones....my situation is not nearly as bad as other people's. So many of the other people, who were there either for their children or their parents rather than spouses, told stories of suicidal tendencies, police restraint, disappearances, etc. Horrible, horrible things. None of which I really had to go through, other than Kevin's hospitalization. Thankfully. Maybe my story will provide the others with some hope - that there are medications that will work. Kevin is living proof of that. I think we're almost back to being in a good place.

On another positive note, we're actively planning a little weekend getaway for our first anniversary next month. (I love it - we celebrate our first anniversary only 2 months after our wedding. Heh!) Well, I am, really. As a surprise for Kevin. I'm looking at a little Bed & Breakfast in Amish Country.

And... I'm also excited for the new Tori Amos album coming out in November - a "best of". I hope it's good, because I would hate to have to call her a sell-out. Amazon already has a listing for Tales of a Librarian. We will see!

No comments: