Saturday, January 18, 2003

i know where the car is parked, i know he isn't you


Bumper Cars
Thursday evening I was in a car accident, for those of you who haven't heard what's going on, where I've been. It was pretty scary and I was really shaken up by it. Here's what happened:

I was turning into the Post Office on my way home from work. There was a line of cars in front of me, so obviously I had to stop. The lady driving the car behind me didn't stop, and rammed into my rear end. Hard. Hence, I was not at work yesterday because my back was killing me. Not to mention that I had to go back to North Royalton where it happened to file a police report because the idiot left before I could call the police. Practically all day yesterday Kevin and I were fighting with both insurance companies. We finally took my car in for repairs, as my entire rear bumper will most likely need to be replaced. So now I am driving a crappy little Saturn rental with no tape deck and manual windows and door locks. I never thought my car was all that great, but I was spoiled compared to the crapper I'm driving now. (No offense to you who are Saturn owners.)

I'm pretty much ok, but I may still go to the doctor depending upon how I feel today. Last night I slept with the heating pad on my neck and upper back all night. It worked, I guess, because my pain isn't as bad as it was yesterday. So, no worries - I'm fine. :o)

No comments: