Monday, May 05, 2003

one can squish a lot of activity into only 2 and a half days

Here's the low down on our wild weekend:
Ok, so I usually do not like car trips, but I have to say that travelling with my husband was fun. 4 hours on the way to Rochester gave us a chance to catch up on things. We haven't spent very much time together since he started working nights. We arrived in Rochester about 11pm. I was exhausted, but Kevin was still hyper, so he went out to Mastrella's with my sister Gretchen and her friend Lauren to hear my brother Scott's band Freestile Walkin'. I am bummed I fell asleep, because Kevin said they were awesome. That's not because he was drunk and couldn't tell the difference.

Got up early to go to my dress fitting. Julia's Mom is truly an artist. My dress looks so much like my grandmother's, I couldn't believe it. After the fitting, my Dad cooked us one of his famous brunches (eggs, bacon, toast, the works....mmmmm) and then insisted on driving us by the scene of this huge accident that took place near where my parents live. Read the article here. A gasoline tanker truck crashed, spilling thousands of gallons of gasoline and scorching the better part of an entire neighborhood.

Then it was on to meet with our minister. We snuck into the back of my old church to watch Merle officiate a wedding ceremony, and afterward Kevin and I were able to have a brief meeting with him about our own wedding. Even he said it would be bad professionally for me not to include my church choir at our wedding.

Sue and I headed to Park Place Deil for lunch, where I had what I consider to be the best egg salad in the entire city of Rochester. It was such a treat! Shortly after, Kevin and I left to come home.

This by far was the best day of the weekend. After church, we packed up the car and the boat and headed down to the lake. Yes, it was a little chilly, but we were heavily bundled. Once we got on the river and the wind died down, so it wasn't too bad. The sun was out, we were with great company, we had on some great music, and the water was so relaxing with the sun shining on us. We cruised up and down the river for about 4 or 5 hours, till the sun started going down. For the first time in a few weeks, Kevin and I were stress-less, which is a fantastic feeling. It makes you realize how insignificant little things like stupid arguements are, and how in the grand scheme of things, really all that matters is your own happiness. So, in the words of Bob Marley, "Let's get together and feel all right."

No comments: