Monday, November 25, 2002

Friday
Good seeing Matt and Julia, even if they were just passing through for the evening. We tried to play Trivial Pursuit. Matt, Julia, and Sue all did fairly well. I sucked. Admittedly, I was the worst player of the evening. I was so tired I spent most of the game with my head down on the table.

Saturday
Had a nice relaxing morning chatting with the girls. Sue and I left for Columbus around 1:00. We thought we'd run into traffic from the OSU v. Michigan game, but it was reasonably clear all the way down. We made it safely to my Aunt's, spent some time catching up. I finally told her I had gotten married. The reaction I received from her was not the reaction I had at all anticipated. She was happy, and I thought she would have screamed at me. I love it when family surprises me. :o)

on scarlet's walk


Ok, I have lots to post, but I know you are all dying to know how the Tori show was, so I'll talk about that first.

We arrived at the Palace Theatre in Columbus at about 7:30 or so. Debating about whether or not to purchase any memorabilia, I opted not to when I discovered that tour t-shirts were $35! I am a loyal EWF and I love Tori, but that's ridiculous. Maybe I'll find one on e-bay sometime. Anyway, we got to our seats - first row upper balcony - and sort of took it all in. The show was sold out, so there were people milling around everywhere.

The opening act, Howie Day came on at just about 8pm. I have to comment on this - I have never so enjoyed an opening act as much as this one. Howie Day was really, really good. So good, in fact, that I'll probably purchase his CD some time in the near future. He was the lone guitarist on stage with maybe 5 or 6 recording devices of some kind. At different times during his set he would record a few bars, loop them, and continue the process until he had layer upon layer of rhythms (by hitting his guitar), vocals, chords, etc. Sue thought he sounded a lot like Bono. I disagreed until at the end of one of his songs, he broke into U2's One Love. Which was really cool. I loved him. He called the people in the box seats Muppets. :o)

Tori came one just after 9pm. Now, I love Tori no matter what. She put on a great show, which included songs from all the albums but Strange Little Girls. Fine with me. She did 23 songs, including my favorite bee side Never Seen Blue:

Set List
Wampum Prayer
a sorta fairytale
Little Earthquakes
Pancake
Space Dog
Sweet Sangria
Sugar
Black-Dove (January)
Wednesday

Band leaves

China
Never Seen Blue
Twinkle

Band returns

Honey
Cornflake Girl
Don't Make Me Come To Vegas
Amber Waves
Precious Things
I Can't See New York
Spring Haze

1st Encore
Taxi Ride
Take To The Sky
Horses

2nd Encore
Tear In Your Hand

I was pleased with the concert except for all the idiots who got up and walked around during Tori's performance. People were so rude, including three teenagers sitting in front of us who talked incessantly throughout the concert. Grrr.

To read more about this show,go here.


No comments: