Friday, September 21, 2007

catching up

Boy, this has been a busy week! Here are a few blog-worthy items I feel like sharing:

Tuesday:
I ended up getting to bed rather late on Tuesday night, because I started work on that blanket I mentioned in my previous post.

Wednesday:

I received another comment from the people at Method on my post about my o-mop handle breaking off. Since I never got my replacement, the kind woman at Method said she would Fed-Ex me one ASAP. Nice.

Additionally, after a 9 hour work day, I had to hustle out to Victor for a 2-hour committee meeting on the dedication of our new church building. I didn't get home until after 9 p.m. Ryan had already gone to band practice, but he left me a hot dinner to eat so I wouldn't have to have cereal, or worse yet, cook myself something. He's the greatest.

Thursday:
We celebrated Kirk's birthday at The Olive Tree last night. The sampler starter platter of Taramosalata (really scrumptious red caviar), Tzatziki, Hummus and Skordalia dips was awesome, as were the dolmades. I ordered a braised Tilapia dish; everyone else went with some variation of Moussaka.

There was some talk of bowling after dinner, but a few of us have been feeling a little under the weather. We may do the bowling tonight, instead. All in all, it was a relaxing evening of al fresco dining on the patio with terrific food and our close friends. What more could one ask for?

Today:
According to a co-worker of mine, this morning I apparently sounded like I'm having a bad day today. So, what happened? He brought me a bouquet of daisies, a box of Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice tea, and a bar of Lindt milk chocolate. I had no idea he could be so thoughtful.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hmm, that's because he's hitting on you! Duh! That little creep had better keep his grubby mitts of you, grrrr.