Tuesday, September 18, 2007

autumn approaches

The nights have cooled considerably. The heat came on the other day, and in the mornings when I retrieve the paper, the dampness and smell of the air is different. The transition to Autumn for me is more mysterious than its Vernal counterpart.

Not only does this mean Fall bird migration, pumpkins, hiking under the changing leaves, digging out my wool sweaters from the cedar chest, it also means that I've got the crochet itch once again. I don't pick up my crocheting much during the warmer months, but when it's chilly out, there's something serenely comforting about having my crochet work on my lap, a cat curled up next to me, and a mug of steaming tea after dinner in the evenings while Ryan watches hockey.

Here's what I've chosen for my next project, which is going to be a striped blanket for the spare bedroom futon:

No comments: