Saturday, September 20, 2008

so long, summer

Tomorrow is the final day of summer - the Autumnal equinox is September 22nd this year. In celebration, Ryan and I spent a lazy afternoon in the backyard, savoring the warmth at the end of the day.

We spent some time earlier running errands. I also re-filled the bird feeders, pruned the tomatoes a bit and yanked out a few errant weeds. Around 4:00 we settled down in the backyard with some Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA. (Wegmans, Aman's and Herrema's are all carrying Great Lakes beer, which is very close to my heart. Seems their distribution problems are over!)

Autumn is both Ryan's and my favorite season. We are both looking forward to the Fall migration period, changing leaves, soups, stews, braises, and our Harvest Party, which we've started to plan. We're hoping to host a gathering in early October to honor our favorite time of year.

1 comment:

Mr. Nighttime said...

Friends have often tried to persuade me to move to warmer climates, and while it is sometimes intriguing, (with the exception of FL) I don't thing I could live anywhere that does not have a true autumn in it. Like you, it is my favorite time of the year.