this time, from Becca:
1. Using your Current Initials, choose a different name for yourself:
Hannalore Esme Wystan.
2. If you were born outside of your era, when would you want to be born?
Early 1800's in Vienna, Salzburg, or Leipzig...to a wealthy family of the aristocracy, of course.
3. If you ran a store, what would you sell/have?
Books, yarn, and tea. There would be a mass of plants and greenery everywhere, and soft, red sofas on which you can rest your bum.
4. What part in a movie would you love to play?
The lead character in a movie about my life.
5. In your opinion, why do people suck?
6. If you had your own state, what would you put on your new quarter?
Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton on one side, and a picture of Seneca Falls on the other.
7. What's the oldest article of clothing you own?
A floor-length, brown velvet gown that my mother wore the day she and my father got engaged. That was in 1970.
8.What piece of furniture have you replaced the most?
Well, all of it, since I gave mine away to my brother and sister when they moved.
9. What instrument do you wish you could be more than great at?
10. Record, Tape or CD?
11. What do you think would be the best concert ever?
Tori Amos, the Indigo Girls, Midnight Oil, Ben Harper, and Diana Krall.
12. What is the best part of your favorite movie?
When the Christ-like figure gives the new slave Juda Ben-Hur a sip of water in the desert.
13. What do you think is the most over-rated candy ever?
Candy is gross.
14. If you were writing out your will, who would you give your CD collection to?
Classical would go to Ben and Susan; Jazz would go to Ryan; Alternative would go to my sister and Lauren for them to fight over. I'd give them all to Julia except she probably already has most of them.
15. If you could only debate two topics the rest of your life, what would they be?
Women's Issues (i.e. contraception and abortion, equality, etc.) and Religion.
16. Out of your friends, who would you say you are most jealous of, artistically?
Well, Sue is a wonderful visual artist. Beth has a great sense of style, and Anne is very crafty. How do I choose?
17. Most jealous of....intellectually?
I'm not really that jealous, but Ben's intellectual horsepower is sometimes astonishing.
18.What do you collect?
Books and plants.
19. What is broken that you have, that you wish was fixed?
The scanner funtion on my Epson printer.
20. What do you do when you're home, sick?
Sleep and read.
21. Story behind your username?
"Battlemaiden" is the literal German translation of my given name.
22. Current Favorite Article of Clothing?
Do shoes count? I am in love with my Birk clogs.
23. Line from the last thing you wrote for someone?
So, I write what I cannot say aloud.
24. A famous person you have met?
25. Favorite way to waste time?
Making collages of digital photos to send to my sister in Tennessee.