Tuesday, July 12, 2005

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4, Write down what it says:
"He noticed instead how her hair looped in slack, slovenly strands over her rather beautiful ears..." from Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
Hot air.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
An old episode of Law and Order.

4. WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what time it is:
7:58

5. Now look at the clock; what is the actual time?
7:43

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
The fan on high speed. Some birds outside.

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
A half an hour or so ago, to water the plants and do a little weeding.

8. Before you came to the Web site you're seeing this on, what did you look at?
Julia's Blog.

9. What are you wearing?
Black tank top, long pink skirt with little red flowers.

10. Did you dream last night?
I think I had a dream about my dog but I can't remember for sure.

11. When did you last laugh?
A few hours ago when Ryan was singing a Frank Zappa song about dental floss to me.

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Three calendars, two tapestries and a eucalyptus wreath I made myself.

13. Seen anything weird lately?
Yes! A stranger taking a chug out of Ryan's beer the other night when we were out with friends. The boys were outside while the girls chatted inside and got hit on by a guy who had the worst pick up lines ever: "I own a cat ranch..." and "I once had a 12 foot tapeworm hanging out of my ass..."

14. What is the last film you saw?
Beyond the Sea

15. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
Waterfront property.

16. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Intolerance.

17. Do you like to dance?
Not anymore, really.

18. Imagine your first child is a girl. What do you call her?
No babies.

19. Imagine your first child is a boy. What do you call him?
Again, no babies.

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yes, if our country keeps going in the direction we're headed.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

"I might be movin' to Montana soon..." oh wait, that's not abroad. Oops!

"...just to raise me up a crop of... dental floss"

David Collett said...

Lovely.

I recommend that you'd come to Australia, but we're heading in the same direction.

battlemaiden said...

I've been to Australia, for three weeks once, about 13 years ago. I loved it...so green and clean and beautiful.