Friday, September 03, 2004

playing that organ must count for something

Last night after my staff meeting, I went over to a friends' to check out their new organs. They have both a Roland AT-90S and an Allen MDS-26 with a MIDI Division. It doesn't get much better than that.

Not quite the MDS-26, this is a pic of the Allen 27-stop Renaissance organ. Still a nice instrument.

Though I am a self-taught organist (piano was my main instrument, harpsichord my minor in college), even I can appreciate the phenomenal sampling on the Allen. Unbelievable.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I'll play yer organ ;-) You musicians and your toys, I swear.

Say, have I told you about how I'd like a Shires bass trombone with a dual bore and two independent Thayer valves? Maybe a red brass bell too,and... oops, I think I just proved my point :-)