Thursday, September 09, 2004

like cats and dogs

It has been raining here for the last 24 hours. Everything is wet. My allergies are out of control, and I'm exhausted.

I spent all day yesterday going through choir music, trying to organize the hundreds of pieces of music in to some semblance of order. I decided the only way to do this was to create a database to catalogue my meticulous efforts...title, composer/arranger, part distribution, liturgical season, scripture correspondence, publisher, optional instrumentation, etc. I got about 2/3 of the way through the alphabet, making heroic efforts not the breathe in the dank, mildewy air that damp paper creates. Meanwhile, the piano tuner banged away on the upright in the sanctuary for an hour, adding to my general annoyance with the whole situation.

Today, I will actually transfer my notes from my legal pad into the database. I've always said it's too bad we're not paid for the number of hours it feels like we've worked.

Also, I'll be hunting down this recording to give to my sister for her birthday on Sunday. Anyone heard it yet?



2 comments:

Julia said...

You can get it at the Record Archive (definitely.. listed on their website) or Lakeshore Record Exchange probably. Otherwise, Amazon link=
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001XARU4/qid=1094750613/sr=ka-1/ref=pd_ka_1/102-1713263-1527345

Ryan said...

What wonderful weather we're having lately, eh? 24+ hours of non-stop rain, yum. Just the kind of weather to lift your spirits. Or something. I hate this week, I want it to be Friday now. lol