Thursday, August 26, 2004

It's Not Unusual

All of my friends have little quirky, endearing traits which make them unique. For example, Julia is fascinated by natural disasters. Beth bears an uncanny resemblance to Tweety Bird. Anne and Julia and both die-hard Anglophiles (we won't hold that against them, though).

Last night, on my way home from rehearsal, I caught the end of an interview with one of my quilty pleasures on Fresh Air. As for me? Heh. Since highschool, I have had an addiction to Tom Jones. So, it wasn't unusual to find magazine clippings of one of my favorite Welsh men (hah!) taped to my locker door before homeroom on any given day.

Look what I found:

(Caption: What's the kinkiest offering ever tossed your way? One time a woman threw a sequined jockstrap, because that year I was wearing sequined jackets. So I picked it up and said, "Well, this is next year's wardrobe.")


(Caption: Is it difficult to work in tight pants? Not really. I grew up in the '50s wearing tight pants.)

Incidentally, this is how cool Tom Jones really is...in 1995 he even did a duet with Tori Amos. *Sighs*

No comments: