Monday, March 29, 2004

It always astonishes me how much people can change when you don't see them every day. Or even every year. And I mean physically change.

So, last night I was at Six Pockets with Kevin, Scott, and Lauren playing darts. At one point, Scott turns to me and says, "Do you recognize that girl over there?" So I look, and I do recognize her. Vaguely. After thinking about it, I remembered exactly who she is. Someone I used to be friends with in high school, but someone to whom I haven't spoken in several years. And I mean several. She will remain nameless, but the last time I saw her, she was thin. She is now FAT. (Or, as Beth would say, fatter than whale shit.)

I'm so glad I've stayed the same weight since high school. Otherwise, people would be blogging about me! (Ah.....self-flattery....)

No comments: