Monday, October 13, 2003

At least the dogs get along.

Bad day...a pumpkin rots all over my table and leaves a stink throughout the entire house. The grass needs mowed, the dishes need washing, the laundry needs washing, and I am unmotivated.

I know moving is the best possible thing I could do for us...for our marriage at this point, if even that is to be saved.

I have always believed that things happen for a reason. I don't necessarily believe in pre-destination, but I do think I am on a particular path. My choices affect that, of course, but I think eventually I will get to go where it is I'm meant to go. My choices just may postpone me getting there. And I'm sure I'm supposed to learn along the way.

Today at work a customer felt the need to tell me her life story on the phone - her son had recently been beaten within an inch of his life, and consequently she was so depressed she tried to kill herself. Now why people feel the need to unburden themselves on me, I don't know. But one thing she said struck me: "Heidi, I've been through hell."

Lady, you don't know what hell is.

No comments: