Tuesday, October 07, 2008

getting tired of politics

I admit it. I'm fed up. I'm tired of the he-said-she-said stuff. I have grown weary of the hypocrisy, especially that of the Republican "spin-machine."

It pissed me off big time when Sarah Palin, during the VP debate last week, accused Joe Biden of dredging up the past. And then what did she do? She turned around this week and brought up the whole Obama/William Ayers/Weather Underground thing. Real classy, Palin. She conveniently omitted from her baseless attack that Obama was 8 years old when Ayers was doing his anit-Vietnam protesting.

To paraphrase H.L. Mencken, a political campaign is like a great big circus, where there's a mass baptism and a few hangings along the way.

Yes, I am going to watch the Obama/McCain debate tonight, but I'll be glad when this is all over.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

I was horrified when the McCain campaign said they were done talking about issues and focusing solely on assassinating Obama's character.

Talk about classy.

You can't put lipstick on a pig, but you can put the pig on a big metal pole, and roast it for several hours over a fire and have the best damn dinner ever.

Mr. Nighttime said...

I think you'll love this: (One good article suggestion deserves another.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/opinion/05dowd.html?ex=1381032000&en=74fb35136914e449&ei=5124&partner=facebook&exprod=facebook

battlemaiden said...

That WAS a good article - thanks! I love how Maureen Dowd always refers to the elder Bush as "poppy."