Saturday, April 26, 2008

semi-Zen driving on a Saturday morning while running errands

8:15 a.m. - play> voices, traffic, shuffle/hustle/bustle, birds, stringband: Public Market.

10:36 a.m. - play> New York - kick-ass cover by Cat Power: more yarn hording for the shawl I'm making. No, I'm not done with The Blanket yet. I'm still working on that, but a girl needs variety, you know.

I've been pretty stressed out lately. Run down. Desperately in need of some time off, away from here. In the car, I can escape, but not really. It puts things in perspective. Things really aren't that bad. I have everything I truly need.

10:58 a.m. - play> Where the Wind May Blow by The Hooters: Wegmans.

I have everything I need.

11:47 a.m. - play> Etta James, Jackson Browne, Lucinda Williams: taking the long way home; the chonk-a-ree of the red-winged blackbirds in the reeds outside the Post Office.

Everything will be ok. I have everything I need.

No comments: