Monday, September 30, 2002

More Stress Than It's Worth


Kevin and I are supposed to have dinner with his parents tonight, to discuss the "Master Plan". By this I refer to our wedding arrangements thus far. While I know that his parents are well-intentioned, they have started getting on my nerves in a big way. Kevin freaked out last night about the wedding, which I don't understand because he hasn't had to make a decision about anything yet. The dinner tonight is supposed to calm his anxieties, I think. But I know how it will go...future Mom & Dad-in-Law will give us suggestions, and we will be obligated to consider said suggestions. This has already happened several times in the last 2 weeks since we announced the engagement.

I am very picky and stubborn. I have a picture in my head of exactly the way I want things to be for this wedding and following reception. I am in favor of going completely against tradition and doing things uniquely and differently. Luckily, Kevin and I agree on most everything, from the level of formality to the kind of music played and alcohol served. Unfortunately, we are meeting obstacles from everyone else. We understand that his parents may feel like they have a larger burden to bear than some, because the event in it's entirety will be held at their home. But come on! Don't keep telling us that it's "our day" and then try to make all the decisions yourselves! Grr! If I hear "you might want to rethink that" one more time, I'm going to crack some skulls!

No comments: