Saturday, September 28, 2002

And....they're off!


Today marked the first day of true wedding-stuff shopping, courtesy of future mom-in-law. We had a lovely, very lady-like afternoon luncheon at The Tea Room at Ashley Place. I felt very dainty, indeed...the best jasmine tea I've ever had was served to me in the tiniest, most fragile tea cup imaginable. I had a lovely cranberry and almond chicken salad, Waldorf salad, and a tiny deviled egg. Then Mom-in-Law's cell phone went off and we were promptly hustled out of the tea room.

We browsed around Pat Catan's a while, collecting an assortment of silk flowers to use for the trellis under which I will be married. Then we headed to the A.I. Root candle factory warehouse. Yummy! I was going to pick out a Unity Candle, but I felt weird doing it without Kevin.

We booked my flower order on the way home, when we decided on a whim to stop at a nursery, Barco's Liberty Gardens. We walked in, and there they were...the most gorgeous Gerbera Daisies I have ever seen. I love them! Finally! Mom-in-Law had been set on using silk flowers until she saw these daisies. We immediately ordered 40 plants. I can't wait!!

Back at Mom-in-Law's house, before I could leave to go home, we had to go pull Kevin and Lou and the truck out of the mud. Yes, yes. Again. Ever since Lou got his 4-Wheeler, they have been like little boys again, coming home caked in mud after hours of riding that thing. I refuse to get on that thing without a helmet. Since there's no helmet law in Ohio, it looks like I will be the party pooper till the 4-Wheeler poops out!

No comments: