Friday, May 09, 2008

it's a good thing it's Friday (Murphy's Law)

Wednesday I shelled out $347.62 for car repairs.

I got to work this morning and my computer was completely wiped clean of all my stuff. No network access, no programs, no e-mail, no calendar, no bookmarks, no nothing. For four hours I sat around not doing much of anything. Meanwhile, the pile of unfinished work on my desk just kept getting bigger, while Computer Guy Matt took forever trying to fix me.

Then the mail came.

I have waited for the mail all week, knowing I'd have this necklace I ordered from Silpada in time for the weekend. The necklace wasn't at all the color I wanted and had weird odd-ball beads mixed in. Didn't look a thing like in the catalog or at the party I went to last week. Luckily, the rep is a very nice lady who is working out the return for me right away.

I also had a minor screw-up on a Notice of Appeal I filed the other day. Not a huge deal, but still a pain in the neck.

I didn't have time to take lunch yesterday and maybe not today either, and no, I don't get comp time.

I broke the antenna off of a co-worker's radio.

Please hurry, 5:00 p.m.!

1 comment:

Mr. Nighttime said...

It's a shame life doesn't come with a rewind button.........