Saturday, April 17, 2004

Last night, Julia, Matt, and I went to hear Beethoven's Missa Solemnis. Read the D&C review here. While I enjoyed hearing it very much, I have to say that one of the best parts was the free admission. Actually, not. I am a huge fan of choral oratorios...the Mozart Requiem, the Brahms Eine Deutsche Requiem, the Verdi Requiem, the Schubert Mass in G, the Vivaldi Magnificat, and especially the Lauridsen Lux Aeterna. (I could go on for HOURS!) I guess now I'm just happy to have music back in my life as regularly as it is...not being an active participant for 2 months while unemployed really created a longing I hadn't acknowledged until I started playing again.

Anyway, it was a good concert...the orchestra was in fine form, save a few shaky entrances and some tuning issues. Oh, and the company wasn't too bad either. *winks*

No comments: