Friday, June 08, 2007

another year, another decade

Tomorrow, I turn 30.

Last week, Julia mentioned to me how last year, she posted about her last day as a twentysomething. (By the way, Julia, there actually is no post from October 21, 2006. Unless you have some other mega-secret blog I'm not privy to.) I've been thinking about that ever since. Today is my last day as a twentysomething, and this morning, in the shower, I found myself reflecting on the last ten years of my life.

When I first began crafting this post, I thought, maybe I'll do a summation of every year of my life for the last ten years. Then I thought, egad, I don't want to re-live most of that, I'm glad it's over! There were more tough times than good, more struggle than ease, more hard lessons learned than not. I've come through it all relatively unscathed, and definitely much stronger for it. I have happiness, I have love, I have peace.

Tomorrow, I will be surrounded by my family, my closest friends, and Ryan. I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments: