Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Old musicians never die, they are just disconcerted.

I read in this morning's paper that Karl Haas died on Sunday. Why am I always the last to know these things? I always thought I was rather up-to-date in my knowledge of current events, but alas, this slipped right by me.

Anyway, Karl Haas was the host of Adventures in Good Music, syndicated world-wide, and produced by my favorite old hometown radio station WCLV-104.9 FM in Cleveland.

An excerpt from Haas' obituary:

Robert Conrad, the President of Cleveland radio station WCLV, which has produced and distributed Adventures in Good Music since 1970, said, "Throughout his broadcasting career, Karl Haas had the knack of informing and delighting his listeners with his vast knowledge of
music, ranging from humor to etiquette and everything in between. And who can forget his penchant for punning the titles of his programs "The Joy of Sax", "Baroque and in Debt", "May the Source be With You" and "No Stern Untoned"? Karl leaves a valuable legacy of music appreciation that is unparalleled. And because his programs are timeless, WCLV will continue to make these priceless musical treasures available to radio stations.

You can read the obituary in its entirety here.

No comments: